- Endoscopic Spine Surgery in Chennai
- Back and Neck Pain Management
- Cervical Spondylosis
- Chronic Pain Management
- Spine Fracture Management
- Microlumbar Disccectomy / Tubular Disccectomy
- Injection Procedures in Spine
- Osteoporotic Spine Fracture Management:
- Minimal Invasive Spine Surgery (MIS)
- Scoliosis Correction Treatment In Chennai
- Spine Tumour Surgeries
Best Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeon in Chennai
Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery or MIS avoids the large incision and extensive damage to the muscles surrounding and supporting the spine. MIS helps in quicker recovery. These procedures are commonly performed in the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine. Minimally invasive spine surgery is performed through tiny incisions instead of one large opening. Dr. Vignesh Pushparaj is a leading and trusted spine specialist who has many years of experience in performing minimally invasive spine surgery in Chennai.
Benefits of MIS are:
- Very minimal less blood loss
- Minimal post-surgical period pain
- Faster recovery (early return to our day to day routine)
- Small scar
- Decreased hospital stay
Indication for MIS are Acute disc prolapse, Spondylolisthesis, Spine fracture, Spinal stenosis and Spine tumour. Accurate and fast detection of the spine related problem and appropriate treatment solution at the earliest is important to prevent further deterioration in the condition of the patient. This is the reason why you should always visit best minimally invasive spine surgery doctors in Chennai for best results.
What is Spondylolisthesis
In Spondylolisthesis, one of the vertebrae in our spine slips forward and out of place. This may occur anywhere along the spine, but is most common in the lower back (lumbar spine). Patients will have back and leg pain that ranges from mild to severe.
Many types of spondylolisthesis can affect adults. The 2 most common types are degenerative and lytic.
As we age, general wear and tear causes changes in the spine. Intervertebral discs begin to dry out and weaken. They lose height, become stiff, and begin to bulge. This disc degeneration is the start to both arthritis and degenerative spondylolisthesis (DS). This slippage can narrow the spinal canal and put pressure on the spinal cord. This narrowing of the spinal canal is called spinal stenosis and is a common problem in these patients. Women are more likely than men to have DS, and it is more common in patients who are older than 50.
One of the bones in your lower back can break and this can cause a vertebra to slip forward. The break most often occurs in the area of your lumbar spine called the pars interarticularis. Pars fracture may occur in adolescence and remain unnoticed till adulthood. Disc degeneration in adulthood can stress the pars fracture and cause the vertebra to slip forward. This type of spondylolisthesis is most often seen in middle-aged men.
- Back pain which aggravates on prolonged walking.
- Back pain associated with radiating pain to the legs.
- Feeling of vague weakness of legs on prolonged standing or walking.
- Numbness, tingling of legs (forward bending or sitting often will relieve the symptoms & Standing or walking often increases symptoms).
Dr. Vignesh Pushparaj is one of the highly acclaimed minimally invasive spine surgery specialist in Chennai. Contact us at any time for more details.
With access to
Your wellness is our focus. We aim to provide safe, high-quality, cost-effective and state-of-the-art, operative and non-operative management for spinal disorders.