10 Questions to be answered while meeting your spine specialist for your back and neck pain.
- How long do you have this pain?
- How and when did your pain start?
- What is your main problem?
- Neck pain or Neck Pain radiating to your arms?
- Only radiating pain to your arms with pins and needles or weakness and numbness in your arm?
- Mid-back pain?
- Lower back pain or low back pain radiating to your buttock and/or leg(s)?
- Only radiating pain to your legs with pins and needles in your arm or weakness and numbness in your arm?
- Difficulty in walking with urine and motion disturbance?
Which pain is more?
- Back Pain or Leg Pain
- Neck pain or arm pain
- Overall body pain
- What always makes your back and neck problem worse? When is the back pain Worst? (Includes the aggravating factor and time of day, week, month, seasons, etc.)
- What always makes it better (even if only a little)? Does any medication help you to get relieved of that pain? If so mention
- Description of the back or neck pain, or other types of pain you came across E.g. Is the pain sharp, dull, hot, electrical, burning, crushing, tingling, throbbing, mixed? Other?
- Does it have any effects on your job or day-to-day routine? Sex life? Social life?
- What are the nature of the job and working hours per week? Are you satisfied with your job? Or you are overworked physically/ mentally?
- How intense is your back/ neck pain “right now”, on average/typical, at best, and at worst on a 0-10 scale (10=intense).