1. Back and neck pain management
Back and neck pain are second most common cause for patients to visit a doctor after common cold. Most of the patients with back and neck pain doesn’t need any form of surgical intervention. Most of the patient’s problem will be muscle related. They improve with conservative management and supportive treatment such as
- Physiotherapy and exercises
- Ergonomics adaption
- RF ablation
How to prevent back and neck pain:
- Regular physical activity- Exercise, aerobic exercise, walking or swimming (keep the muscles in our neck, back and abdomen strong and flexible).
- Proper weight Lifting- we have to lift weights with legs, not by our back, not to bend over to pick things. Have to Keep our back straight and bend our knees.
- Weight reduction.
- Posture maintenance
No Smoking (smoke/ nicotine cause spine to age faster than normal).
2. Cervical spondylosis
Cervical spondylosis is arthritis of the neck joints, happens because of the wear-and-tear changes that occur over time in spine. It is extremely common. More than 50 percent of
people above the age of 60 are affected. It will causes pain and stiffness in the neck. In most patients, cervical spondylosis responds well to conservative treatment that includes medication and physical therapy.
Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy (Spinal Cord Compression) happens in neck when the spinal cord is compressed due to the wear-and-tear changes/ disc prolapse that occur in the spine.
Normally symptoms develop slowly and progress steadily over several years.
- Tingling or numbness in the arms, fingers, or hands
- Weakness in the muscles of the arms, shoulders, or hands.
- Difficulty in grasping and holding on to items.
- Imbalance during walking. (Difficulty in walking/ Drunkard gait).
- Loss of fine motor skills (Difficulty with handwriting, buttoning your clothes, picking up coins, or eating with hands)
- Pain or stiffness in the neck.
If the patient reaches out to a spine specialist with in 6 weeks. Plan of management will be conservative. But if the patient has neurological symptoms such as numbness, weakness, loss of power etc. then we may need to plan for surgery. List of surgeries provided are
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Posterior cervical decompression and fusion
- Occipito-cervical fusion
- C1 C2 fixation
Surgical plan varies depending on the location of the spinal cord compression.
- Endoscopic Spine Surgery in Chennai
- Back and Neck Pain Management
- Cervical Spondylosis
- Chronic Pain Management
- Spine Fracture Management
- Microlumbar Disccectomy / Tubular Disccectomy
- Injection Procedures in Spine
- Osteoporotic Spine Fracture Management:
- Minimal Invasive Spine Surgery (MIS)
- Scoliosis Correction Treatment In Chennai
- Spine Tumour Surgeries
Meet Spine Specialist
He is an expert in key hole spine surgery (MIS), scoliosis Correction (Spine deformity / Hunch back) and Spine Oncology (Spine tumour / Vertebral body tumours & Intradural tumours)
With access to
A small river named Duden flows by their place and supplies it with the necessary regavelialia. It is a paradise.